If you are one of the earbud enthusiasts who have invested so much on the best wireless Bluetooth earbuds on the market, I believe you won’t want it to get damaged.
But what if it does? What if your earbuds are not charging or stop charging? Will you throw them away? No!
Have you heard about xFyro xS2 and its 50 hours battery?
Read on as this article will show you how to fix your wireless earbuds with charging issues.
TABLE OF CONTENTS:
- What Can Possibly Cause Wireless Earbuds Charging Issues?
- How to Fix Charging Issues on Wireless Earbuds
- How to Make Wireless Earbuds Battery Last Longer
- If the batteries have not been charged for a long time – if you keep your truly wireless earbuds in storage for a long time and do not use them, the lifespan or battery life can reduce. Also, the battery can over-discharge and result in the death of the batteries. When any these happen, your wireless earbuds can have charging issues.
- The battery of the wireless earbuds can be faulty – Bluetooth earbuds use rechargeable batteries, and if they have defected they might stop charging. Some batteries might be defected by the manufacture and not charge the first time.
- The charging ports might be faulty – the metallic surfaces inside the charging ports might not be making contact with the charger due to continual plugging and unplugging of the charger or through a manufacturing defect. Additionally, if you are someone who keeps earbuds in your bags or jeans pocket, the ports can be blocked by lint, dust, remnants of food and more and thereby result in charging issues.
- Damaged charging cables – the endless curling and flexing of charging cable for wireless Bluetooth earbuds can take a toll on the charging ability with time. Who knows, your truly wireless earbuds charging issues might be resulting from faulty charging cables. Also, the charging source might be the problem.
- Temperature – Generally, batteries have a charging temperature range. So if the ambient temperature is more than the changing temperature ranges of the battery of your wireless Bluetooth earbuds, it might not charge.
The truth is that there can be a lot of reasons why your wireless earbuds may have charging issues. However, some general predictions and tips can help you solve the charging issues you are having with your best earbuds.
- If you are using a laptop or PC to charge your earbuds ensure your computer is not on hibernation or sleep. If your computer status changes to this, the Bluetooth earbuds might not be working properly or at all
- If the computer turns ON and you are still experiencing the same issue, plug the charger in a wall faceplate power source. Ensure the charger is working by using it to charge another device.
- If the charger is working and the wireless earbuds with mic refuse to charge, check the charging cable to ensure it is not faulty. How can you confirm this? Switch cables! Substitute the cable for other confirmed working cables. If other cables work, it means the original cable is faulty, but if you are still experiencing the same issue, you need to look for another potential villain.
- Check the ports of the wireless Bluetooth earbuds and ensure the metallic tabs are in the right position and not damaged. If you notice any distortion, you can make use of something small like a toothpick to adjust them. Also, try to clean the ports to get rid of lint, dust, and dirt.
After trying all the tips and you are still experiencing the charging issue, the battery might be the problem. Once you are sure that the charger is working fine, the cable is not faulty, and the ports are also working fine you will need to pay attention to the battery.
- Keep your waterproof wireless earbuds connected to a power source for a long time; you might be fortunate to see the battery work and the device charging again. This should work perfectly for a person who has used their favorite wireless earbuds or hasn’t charged them for a long time.
- If the above tip did not work, you might have to replace the batteries of your truly wireless earbuds if possible. Alternatively, you can contact repair professionals or the manufacturer of the product.
What Type of Battery Does Earbuds Use and What Is the Charging Temperature
Most of the wireless earbuds available uses a rechargeable lithium-ion battery, but their capacity differs from one brand or manufacturer to another. There are some that last longer than the other. So it is advisable you go for earbuds with a high capacity battery that can last longer like the xFyro xS2. That said, I want you to know that battery work over a wide range of temperature. However, this does not mean you should be careless about charging them. Charging your earbuds' battery is more delicate than the discharging process. What do I mean?
The charge acceptance of a device is reduced by high heat and extreme cold. So, if you want to charge your earbuds' battery and ensure you don’t experience any charging issue, you need to make sure the battery temperature is moderate before charging it. How do you know that the charging temperature is moderate? Either low-temperature charge or high-temperature charge the charging temperature of your earbuds' battery is between 5 degree-Celsius, and 35 degree-Celsius. Note that, if the charging temperature increases more than 35-degree Celsius, your waterproof wireless earbuds can stop charging properly.
How to Keep Your Wireless Earbuds from Dying
It is obvious that you have to keep your earbuds charged every time if you don’t want to experience changing issues that can result from dead batteries. In as much as the charging case is working fine, the cables are not damaged, the port is working perfectly, and the charger and wall unit is in good condition, you don’t have to allow your battery to give you a headache. So how do you ensure they are always charged?
- Always take your charging cable and charger along with you. This will ensure you keep your wireless earbuds charged anywhere you go. You can plug the charger in a wall socket in the office or anywhere with a working wall unit. Also, you can plug the cable into your computer USB port and keep the Bluetooth earbuds charged when needed.
- Alternatively, you can take your charging case along with you if your wireless earbuds come with one. Ensure you charge the case fully before leaving home or where you have the opportunity. This will serve as an extra power that you can utilize anytime you need to charge your earbuds and couldn’t get a wall unit to plug the charger in.
- Also, you can take along your power bank. This should help charge your device when needed.
Remember, leaving your earbuds dead and uncharged for many days can damage the battery and cause charging issues. So pay attention to these tips in case you will be going on a trip that will take many days before you return home.
- Turn down the music volume – When you are listening to your favorite jams at a high volume it might affect the number of hours of use per charge by reducing it. But if you reduce the volume to a low level, you might be saving some hours, thereby listening to your music a bit longer.
- Keep it from extreme temperature – long term damage of the battery may result from extreme cold or heat. So, ensure direct sunlight don’t get to it. Also, avoid mechanical shock or dust, moisture, and sand from coming in contact with the wireless earbuds. Failing to do that might reduce the performance or lifetime of the battery.
- Use one earbud at a time – This might sound absurd, but it works. For example, if you make use of a single xFyro earbud instead of the two earbuds, you would listen to your music for 8-hours. Then when the battery is low or dead, you can pick up the second earbud and continue to listen to your music while you charge the dead one using the case. The second earbud will also use 8-hours. This means instead of using 8-hours for the two earbuds at once, you are going to use 16-hours. With this procedure or method, you will also be able to use your charging case to charge your wireless earbuds for a longer time.
Caring For Your Earbuds to Avoid Charging Issues
- When you buy new waterproof wireless Bluetooth earbuds, don’t use it immediately. Ensure you charge the battery for about eight hours even if it shows that it is charged. When charged, ensure you consume the charge during the first usage before recharging it again.
- Consider replacing the battery of your earbuds if you are charging them and the temperature of the battery keep rising above 35 °C.
- If you will not be using your wireless earbuds for many days or months ensure you endeavor to charge it once every six months to avoid over-discharge that can cause charging issues.
- When the battery is charged to its full capacity unplug the charger of the earbuds or stop the charging case from charging them. This ensures that the batteries lifetime performance is not reduced.
- When you are not using the truly wireless earbuds, do not put them inside your pocket, bag, or a dirty place. They can come in contact with particles, dust, dirt, and other tiny objects that can block the charging port and cause unexpected charging issues. The rule is simple! Keep them in the charging case, and if your device doesn’t come with one, you can buy a case from stores to keep them safe.
- Be careful not to displace the charging pins when inserting and removing the charging cable. Don’t remove the cables with force and don’t exact too much pressure when inserting the cable in the wireless earbuds port.
- Also, be gentle on the USB charging cables, avoid sharp bends, keep them away from sunlight, wrap them properly when you are not using them, and reinforce them if needed. Keeping them in the sunlight can melt the internal component. You can reinforce them by putting a spring around the cable, wrapping cable protectors or embroidery floss around them, and wrapping electrical tapes on both ends of the wireless earbuds charging cables.
With the instructions above, you should be able to fix wireless earbuds with charging issues. Also, the tips discussed in this article are sure to help you reduce the risk of experiencing charging issues with your favorite earbuds. But do you know that there is a perfect way to reduce the risk of facing charging issues with your device? It is by getting the best wireless earbuds with high-quality features and accessories. Ensure you make the right choice of earbuds to save yourself the stress of finding solutions to faulty Bluetooth earbuds.