In 2016, Apple removed headphone jack from their smartphone, and a lot of people who were accustomed to using wired earphones were not really happy and comfortable with it. Today, there are many smartphones on the market without a headphone jack. This means whether we like it or not wireless Bluetooth earbuds are the future and headphone jacks are on their way out.
Now think about it, what if there are no Bluetooth? Can you still listen to your songs using a wireless headphone?
|The answer is YES, but there are some conditions you have to meet to make it possible!|
In this article, I am going to provide you with some important information about wireless Bluetooth earbuds to help you understand. Take a ride with me!
TABLE OF CONTENTS:
- What makes wireless headphones work?
- Are there wireless earphones without Bluetooth?
- Wireless headset vs. wireless Bluetooth headphones
- Is there a way to use wireless headphones without bluetooth?
To start with, do you know that Bluetooth is the bedrock of wireless earbuds?
It is a wireless technology standard that uses short-wavelength UHF radio waves to exchange data between mobile and fixed devices. So, instead of using cables or wire to connect with your computers, smartphones and other devices, a wireless headphone uses the Bluetooth radio to connect with other Bluetooth-enabled devices.
A tiny computer chip can be found in a wireless headphone. The computer chip contains the Bluetooth software and radio which makes it possible to connect between devices. So when your wireless earbuds are in close proximity with your smartphone, tablet or any other devices with Bluetooth connectivity they pair or connect.
Interestingly you can connect one wireless headset with more than one device at the same time.
To make your wireless earbuds work with your Bluetooth-enabled smartphone, you have to pair them together and ensure they stay connected. However, for your wireless headset to pair and connect with your devices, some criteria should be met.
- Your truly wireless earbuds should be fully charged and turned on. Wireless Bluetooth earbuds can’t work when they are off. This is unlike most wired headset that doesn’t need to be turned on before they can work
- The wireless headset you want to use must be compatible with your smartphone. If they are not compatible, they won’t pair with each other
- Your device must have a Bluetooth feature. A Bluetooth earbud can’t connect with an infrared enabled device but only a Bluetooth-enabled device
Wireless Bluetooth headsets are known to be a smart device because once they are paired and connected; you won’t have to pair them again anytime you want to use them with your device. Once the connection is established, you can start making and receiving calls with them. Also, you use them to listen to your favorite music or watch your favorite movies. When you are not using your wireless earbuds, but they are connected, they do not use up much power as when you are listening to a sound.
With the low energy Bluetooth technology available these days you can keep your devices connected in the background so that your Bluetooth earbuds can automatically come to full power when you need it. This is why most of the wireless headsets available have a battery that can last for months while in a deep sleep. Now that you know how wireless Bluetooth earbuds works do you think wireless headsets are limited to Bluetooth connections only? Read on to know more!
The truth is that the most common headphone technology is Bluetooth. However, some wireless headphones stand out, but their application is limited.
Have you heard of dedicated wireless headphones?
These are wireless headsets that are used by people with a TV that lacks an in-built Bluetooth. Unlike wireless Bluetooth earbuds that only works with compatible devices, the dedicated wireless headsets work regardless of the type of TV you use. So how does this type of wireless headset without Bluetooth works or connect to other devices?
|If you don't want to use Bluetooth you can buy dedicated wireless headphones instead.|
Typically, a dedicated wireless headphone comes with a base station. This station plugs into your TV through optical or 3.5mm analog jack and works over a radio frequency transmission instead of a Bluetooth. This mode of audio or data transmission gives them an edge even though they are a dying breed. If there are no obstructions, the dedicated wireless headphones can connect using the RF transmission with a superior range.
Interestingly, you can also use your wireless Bluetooth earbuds with your TV. It means what dedicated wireless headsets can do your Bluetooth–enables wireless earbuds can do them too. All you need is to purchase a Bluetooth transmitter that takes RCA or 3.5mm output from your TV and transmit it as a Bluetooth signal to your truly wireless earbuds.
So, answering the question “is there wireless headsets that work without Bluetooth?” I will say, yes! But are they as effective and efficient as the wireless Bluetooth earbuds?
Even though the key purpose of the two wireless headphones is to listen to sounds, there is a wide difference between them when it comes to uses, size, the range of connectivity, ease of operation, convenience, and much more.
- The range of connectivity – I have mentioned it before that the dedicated wireless headsets come with a superior connection range and it can be about 300 feet. His means you can stay far away from your TV and still stay connected. On the other hand, the Bluetooth earbuds are typically limited to a connection range of 30 feet. However, leave it or take it both connections can be interrupted by walls and other obstructions in your home or office.
- Ease of use – a dedicated wireless headset is not versatile because it has a limitation in its They are mostly used for TV and other devices without Bluetooth connectivity. But as for a wireless Bluetooth earbud, you can use it for a variety of devices in as much as they have Bluetooth connectivity and are compatible. Of course, most of the device's technology has made available these days come with Bluetooth. Additionally, you can easily take the wireless Bluetooth earbuds anywhere you go because they are portable and have no base station.
- Affordability – Most of the dedicated wireless headsets available on the market are on a high-price end. This is unlike Bluetooth earphones that are mostly available at affordable prices. However, there are wireless Bluetooth earbuds that are also pricey but the truth it they give you more affordable options than the dedicated wireless headsets. No matter what your budget says, it is possible to get a Bluetooth earphone that fits well into it.
- Design – dedicated wireless headphones are designed to be bulky which sometimes makes it inconvenient for some people. Today, truly wireless earbuds are what most people crave. No wire, no cable, and no headband to cause you any inconveniences. Also, they come with different ear tips that ensure a good fit in your ears. Apart from that most of them comes with waterproofing that allows you to use them in wet conditions. Additionally, there are also wireless earbuds with mic that offer easy communication during calls. These features plus some other amazing and helpful features make the wireless headphones that use Bluetooth a more preferable option when it comes to design.
- Sound quality – It might be true that if you are looking for a better sound, you should go for wired headphones. But what of the wireless headphones and Bluetooth earphones? There has been an update in the technology of wireless Bluetooth earbuds which makes it provide a better and enhanced sound quality.
- Popularity – If you are an audiophile, a fan of new technological innovation, or someone who loves using wireless earbuds, you must have heard about the xFyro xS2 and the new Apple and Samsung earbuds. But how updated are you about the dedicated wireless headphones? Some people don’t even know such headphones existed. If you check the headphone market, you will see that wireless Bluetooth earbuds are more available compared to the other types. This is to show that people tend to buy and use headphones with Bluetooth connectivity than ones without Bluetooth feature.
- The Future – Even though no one can tell what the future holds for both types of wireless headphones, it can be predicted considering their popularity, ease of use, and much more. With technology tending towards an increase in the manufacturing of wireless earbuds and devices, I think wireless Bluetooth earbuds are the future. However, let’s watch out for what will happen in years to come!
Yes, there are ways to use wireless headphones without Bluetooth. However, it depends on the type of wireless headphones you go for. Here is the thing:
- If you go for dedicated wireless headphones which uses radio frequency transmission instead of a Bluetooth, then you can use a wireless headphone without Bluetooth
- If you go for a wireless headphone with Bluetooth, aux connection, an in-built micro-SD card slot for SD card play, and in-built FM radio function you can use it without Bluetooth. But there are some exceptions. You will not be able to listen to audio and receive calls from your phone unless you connect it to your phone using Bluetooth connectivity. Make sense?
- But if you go for a wireless Bluetooth earbud that lacks all the features mentioned above, you can’t use a wireless headphone without Bluetooth.
Whether you can use a wireless headphone with or without Bluetooth boils down to the type of wireless headphone you go for.
Is it a wireless headset without Bluetooth or one with one? What other features does it have?
All these are what will provide you with the perfect answer to the question. In my opinion, it is obvious that wireless earbuds with Bluetooth are taking over and selecting the best Bluetooth earbuds will ensure a better audio experience.